Why are gutters important?
Gutters clogged with everything from leaves to twigs can cause expensive and dangerous home repair nightmares. Rainwater washing over your gutters can accumulate in pools around walls and foundations. This can result in leaky and cracked foundations. Seamless Gutters with leaf guards prevent leaves, twigs, acorns, or other debris from collecting in your gutters allowing the water to run smoothly through the gutter and away from your home.
What are some reasons to replace my gutters?
- Clogged or leaky gutters are one of the biggest causes mold and other foundation problems. Also, standing water in gutters is one of the common places mosquitoes breed.
- Old worn-out gutters are unappealing and reduce the value of your property.
- Your old gutters may have become bent or dented or may be pulling away from your home in a manner that they cannot be reattached or reworked.
- Your old seamed gutters may have begun to pull apart or have leaks and you would like to replace them.
- You want to change the color of your gutters.
- The drainage of your current guttering is not sufficient so you want to install a larger size gutter and downspout system. Most homes and commercial properties have 5 inch gutters with 2×3 downspouts, but we can install 6 inch gutters with larger downspouts if needed.
How can I tell if my gutters aren’t draining properly?
If during a rainfall, you can hear the water slapping the ground, pouring over the sides of the gutter, there may be a blockage or the gutter itself may not be aligned evenly. If you notice paint peeling or corroded wood, the gutter is most likely clogged and is causing the water to overflow and run down the back of gutter along the exterior walls of the house. If you notice mold or if you see puddles of water forming around the outside of your house it’s a sure sign that there are drainage problems.
What are the different types of gutters available?
All gutters are either sectional or seamless. They come in various materials, sizes and colors. We offer many different colors so call us for your options.
Can I install gutters on my own?
Certainly, if you are a DIY and are good with heights and ladders, you can install sectional gutters, but you’ll need a qualified professional to install seamless gutters.
What does “limited lifetime warranty” mean?
Limited lifetime warranty means that your product will be free of defects for the life of the product. This does not mean the product will last your lifetime. If you move or sell your house, the gutter warranty will not transfer to the new homeowner.